How to Reset Bose Soundbar
The Bose sound bar is a great product but if you are looking to reset your sound bar, here’s how to do it.
First thing first, make sure that you have turned off the power to your sound bar. If you haven’t done this yet then turn off the power to your device.
If you have purchased your sound bar recently, chances are that you may have noticed some issues with either the volume control or the bass/treble settings. This can be caused due to a number of reasons including:
– A software update has been installed without clearing out old data first.
– Your device was previously set to factory default settings.
To reset your sound bar to its original state, follow these steps:
1. Remove power cord from soundbar.
2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
3. Hold down the reset button for 10 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
5. Press the power button until the screen turns off.
6. Wait for 5-10 seconds before plugging the power cord back into your device.
7. Turn on the soundbar again.
How to Reset Bose Soundbar with Computer
To Update Drivers Follow these steps
1. Press and hold Power button until LED light turns off
2. Remove battery from sound bar
3. Connect USB cable to your computer
4. Open Device Manager
5. Find the name of the device (e.g. “BOSE® 5BT-DV1000”)
6. Right click and select Update Driver Software
7. Select “Browse my Computer for driver software”
8. Locate the folder where your audio drivers are located (usually C:\Program Files\Common Files\Audio\Drivers).
9. Double-click the.inf file named Audio_Bose_SoundBar_Driver.exe
10. Follow the instructions on screen
11. When prompted, type Y into the box, then press Enter
12. Restart your system